Wasting my time? Not really!

24 April 2011
My exams, mind you board exams, got over about 10 days back, and it has been 10 days of what I can say unaccustomed stillness in life (ooh..sounds nice! all poetic and stuff) But, it is in this stillness that I realized that, hey, I am free to do all that I really like! So these are the things that I set out doing (most of it I do regularly, especially if it involved sitting, eating or both sitting and eating) :

1.) Exercise; mainly cycling around or playing badminton, I never could do regular exercise, actually for the last two years of school I couldn’t do any exercise! So on the first day of after exams this is what I started with and well the next day I woke up with stiff and hurting shoulder, neck and ..well let’s just say ’body parts’ (that reminds me I need to buy a comfortable seat for my cycle). So the current status of my exercise ummm…..it’s still very sporadic, I mean sometimes I’m watching a movie or I just don’t want to go out or I’m out somewhere else or I can’t find anything decent to wear (I really don’t want to be seen cycling around in my locality in a t-shirt with a cracked head koala! ) So yeah, am still working on it. (well, maybe I will work on it more after I buy myself a more comfortable cycle seat!)

2.) Enjoying the morning; I have always wanted to get up early and sit out and have tea in the pleasant morning, but with the exams I was actually sleeping at 4 in the morning because I always had a problem getting up early! But now I make sure that I get up early everyday (tough task accomplished! With a little help from my alarm and a lot of it from my self control) just for that half an hour of fresh air and the crisp newspapers! And boy, do I feel good about it!

3.) Reading; yeah this is something that I lurrrvvvee baby! For the last two years of my school life my mom made sure I could not even lay a finger on any “god damn (sic)” novel ; “no novels, no poetry, no rubbish (sic)” (can’t believe she called Nicholas Sparks' books rubbish! Well maybe it has more to do with my almost failing marks in class 11th but still….YOU JUST DON’T DO THAT!) SO the first thing I did when my exams got over was head (rush! run!) to a bookstore! (yeah I really was running crazy in the mall! Even when my mom gave me an offer of watching a movie first!!) I can’t forget the feeling, oh my god! NIRVANA! The smell of books like the smell of nicotine to a smoker! (Simile, as my English teacher would point out, wait school’s over WOOOHOO!) A mad rush to buy every novel that I touched (yeah well I did pick up a book from the toddlers section but hey in my defense it had a press button!! With 5 different sounds!!) Anyway, so I ended up picking up 12 books (or wait was it 13?!) and buying 5 of them (well we ran out of money there :( )

4.) Cooking; hmm…I don’t really love cooking but considering I’ll be going to college soon (hopefully! God please, god please I need college!) and how delighted mom was to help me out there cooking was the thing of the moment! And well so I started of by making a pasta (yeah, I swear) {Fusily? Fuccily? Fussily? Fusilli? Yes! Finally phew, in arrabbiata (hehehe…this time I saw its jar for the spelling) sauce! } and everyone loved it! My brother asked for a second helping, and he never takes a second helping unless it is ice cream or something! (hurrah! Maybe I should become a chef now!)

5.) MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES! LOTS OF MOVIES!!!!!! (aah..happy days!)

6.) And well finally I started a blog, like a fully functional blog! Like this blog! WOOHOO! Always wanted but never could do it! So after many miserabl fail and abandoned blog here I am writing after all for MY BLOG! (okay..okay you get it right :p)

Ps- there are many more things like I bought a book ‘maths for economics’ to prepare for college level stuff but I really don’t want to sound like a nerd…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Presently out of school (kid?!?) hoping to go to college soon (:D) Love to read books, play badminton and watch movies (trust me on that! I could sit for 2 hours and watch a martian movie without subtitles!!)

Followers